Instagram (@NHomeBakes)

Friday, 29 May 2009

ru sure?

Okay, the time has come.. I'm finally done with exams.. Woke up late realizing that 'heck, I have nothing to do!' hehe.. so decided to reminisce on the times when we found out..

Oh well, since we started trying.. I've bought countless of pregnancy tests. Well, most of it is due to the fact that I'm definitely impatient.. And because I normally have irregular period.. effectively I'm 'always' late.. so whenever I'm late slightly, I start building up hope. As much as I wanted to just 'go with the flow', there's always some part of me that hopes... hopes that this time it could be it!

But after being a pro at peeing on a stick, I finally almost gave up my building profession as an expert on peeing on a stick.. haha.. I decided to just not screw with my mind and not test the minute I think I was late..

Until that day..

I haven't been testing in a while.. I was doing spring cleaning.. u know, putting away all those big old winter coats and boots in a bid to make way for my summer clothing.. Throwing away some unwanted stuff which I should have thrown away AGES ago.. it was definitely a tiring yet very productive day. I even almost sprained my shoulder trying to reach far under the couch!

And then whilst I was cleaning up our bedroom drawer, I found a test kit. Now that's something I haven't seen in a while. At that time I was just almost a week late.. At first I just didn't really think about it, probably expecting that 'it' wasn't time yet. Suddenly I thought.. haha why not just try for fun.. since i was about to take a shower anyway..

So after taking the test. I just put it on the edge of the bathtub whilst I pull the curtain and shower. I didn't think about it... definitely expecting yet another '-' to appear..

How my heart dropped when I pulled the curtain open, looked down.. and saw '+' instead. I just couldn't believe it! I showed it to him.. he also couldn't believe it.. we got excited.. but told each other not to get to excited coz I've always heard about the possibility of false positives.. so we decided to go buy another test in the morning..

A digital test! One which has words saying whether you're pregnant or not.. So no misinterpreting the fade '+' signs eyh? it even shows how many weeks I was then..

So yeah story short, of course it showed 'Pregnant, 2-3 weeks'.. :) :) and that changed our lives.. because we were so happy after all these years of hoping that one day this day will come.. we just didn't think about NOT telling anyone.. so picked up the phone and called whoever we thought of calling.. after 3 hours, my ears were starting to hurt from all that screaming from the other end of the phone :P hehe but all is good..

It was only after hearing all sorts of tragic stories that we suddenly wondered that we probably should've waited a bit longer to tell.. it really got me scared for a while.. stressing that we've told too soon.. at one point I was just too scared I almost cried.. but we were too excited! can u blame us? So now all we have to do is pray that all goes well and 'this' one is here to stay..

:)

It was all I hoped it to be
I felt all that I wanted to feel
I got to see his face
I got to finally feel complete
I hope that this is for real
I pray that this will be it
This will be the 'wait'
The 'wait' we've always been waiting for..

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

aww.. it is really sweet and funny the way you found out. natrina, your story has given me hope that my time will come some day, because i had always felt that after years of trying and still no luck, the time will never come. your case is really inspirational. anyway, i pray for the health of your baby. and besides, it wasn't that you went round telling everybody, the news spread through the mouths of the people who loved you, they were too excited to keep their mouth shut.

best wishes from your anonymous reader.

n@trin@ said...

Thanx anon! I pray that you will soon get to experience that same happy moment when the wait is finally over :) just don't lose hope! When it does happen, don't forget to tell me! :)

Hehe I don't blame them.. I'm blessed to have known such very caring people :) hehe best wishes to you toO!

ashieBee said...

ooooh u're pregnant? bestnyeeeee nak ade baby :)) congratulations! and make sure u take a good care of yourself tau.

Anonymous said...

:D.. Still very happy for you love..
Great having u around last Saturday! Hugs.

Mama said...

Natte!! Congratsss!!! So excited for you! I know how you must have of bout telling too soon. But don't worry inshallah oknyer. And plus ure ending your first trimester soonkan? Heard that yourvmorning sickness is bad, Kesian betul. I know it's impossible to eat but try drink plenty! Keep hydrated!!! So excited for you and I pray that all goes well with you and baby! Soon your baby Boleh join haris I ok? Hugs

n@trin@ said...

Ash: Hehe thank you!! Just realize tadi that I'm almost 11 weeks already! how time flies :)

Sha: tulaaa couldn't thank u guys enough.. although I threw up most of it.. it was still the best dinner I've had these past few weeks! hehe

The Adlis: Tulaaaa my morning sickness agakkk... mencabar!! haihhh... I keep telling myself.. 'there is a reason God made women stronger!!' adoii.. nowww.. perut tgh masuk angin.. nak buat camaner ni?? i makan ginger all tak jadi also :(

mr dx said...

congratulations natte' and yas! :)

-Azmir

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Him and I

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Darling Son

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Darling Daughter

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Total Pageviews