Instagram (@NHomeBakes)

Thursday, 30 July 2009

For me.. or for you?

You always hear proud parents say things like 'I want my child to become a doctor/lawyer/architect' or 'I want to send my child to piano/ballet/soccer classes'..

It's always nice to have such dreams about your child and how you hope he/she will grow up to become. But are all those dreams actually for them, or for you? Is there a time when you suddenly realise, 'I've always wanted to do that as a child' or 'Why didn't my parents send me to those classes' or 'I should've chosen such and such profession'.. In the end, all those 'should've' are then passed on to the children..

Is it just us, or has this trend been going on for ages? Parents passing on their dreams to their children. I guess it's probably just something that you can't help but 'just do'. It's easy to think that children in the 'olden' (probably not THAT ancient!) days are perhaps more likely to follow that dream and help fulfill them for their parents.

Nowadays, I find that kids (as-if I'm that much older! perasan!) are much more opinionated. Most of of them have their own dreams to live up to and often dismiss that of their parents because it's either too traditional/mainstream, or are not in line with the increasing choice of careers/life choices we have now..

But not to forget all those who follow, and lead on to live happy.. well fulfilled lives :)

So, is it wrong to force your children to follow you supposed 'dream' just because YOU know what's best for them, or you KNOW they'll thank you in the future or for a variety of reasons?

I guess we'll never know the answer unless we have the power to turn back time and change every choices we make so that we'll end up knowing which one is the 'best' choice to make..

The mystery of it all, is probably what makes life... well, LIFE!

0 comments:

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Him and I

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Darling Son

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Darling Daughter

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Total Pageviews