Instagram (@NHomeBakes)

Monday, 10 May 2010

you jump.. I err... stand and watch?

Jumping ship! My topic for today. What the h3ll am I talking about? Yes, definitely am on the topic that is the IPAD!! Still waiting for my wifi ipad to arrive (estimated time or arrival, 8 days!!).. I'm only getting the wifi version coz at time of ordering.. Apple only released the wifi version. But the 3G version is already out.. and mostly out of stock anywhere in the US.. Like seriously, I'm sure the people at Apple are reaping huge bonuses this year, much thanx to the over demand of the ipad..

Ok, apart from the fact that the ipad 3G uses a microSim (read = a sim card MUCH smaller than the ones we use now).. none of the telcos in Malaysia have these.. YET (I do foresee that they will... pretty soon!! = especially that the NEXT iphone will use the microSim as well!!) So for now, if u want to use the 3G version with your simcard.. haaa u cut it up laa!! Full step-by-step instructions on how to CUT (yesss, cut as in amik pisau and potong ur simcard!!) can be found HERE.


Ok, enough about that 3G ipad which I will NOT be getting pun this month, let me tell you about ways I could possibly overcome the restrictions of only having a wifi version....

First of all, there's mifi..
Yeap, I think I've mentioned Mifi sometime before.. Well, from my research, it seems that what I need with that mifi, is another sim for my data connections (I basically put my c3lcom simcard in the mifi device for example) and then the CREDIT CARD SIZED device will broadcast the signal, making it a walking wifi hotspot.. HENCE, can browse ANYWHERE!!


BUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT...

I shall have to fork out about another RM4++ for the Mifi device.. as well as take up another sim package (from d1Gi, RM68/month?)

OR.. sign up for any usb dongle plans.. nthen get a Mifi device that can take that instead of Simcard (it exists, YES!).. The Mifi for THAT capability is supposedly cheaper lah than the sim only version..

So that's another monthly payment bla222...

Another option? Get a phone running on windows or Android, or even just a nokia.. these devices have a kind of software that can turn ur mobile phone into a wifi hotspot as well.. PLUS, you don't need to sign up for another plan.. u just use ur existing plan, but share it with the ipad jer la!

BUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT...

It supposedly MAKAN ur battery like orang gila.. Even worse, I don't own ANY of these devices!! I have a BB.. And there is no BB equivalent .. *cry nowww!!*

Thus, my 'jumping ship' mode.. Should I sell my BB and get the nokia n97 mini?? (hahahaha dah siap research tu!) Taking that option would be a major consideration, as I would no longer be using BB.. Is the battery life worth it?? Is it the cheapest option?

Major BUT.. He says that getting the nokia is a HUGE downgrade from BB.. Do I care?? Humm not sure about that :P


OR do I just sell my wifi Ipad when it gets here, and use the money to get the 3G version.. after that go cut2 new Simcard..

Sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.. Now I just want to 'jump' just for the sake of being pening from all these thoughtssss

p/s: My BB definitely can read my mind.. The moment I told yas about my 'jumping' idea.. Terus ROSAK.. like WTH???

0 comments:

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Him and I

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Darling Son

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Darling Daughter

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Total Pageviews