Instagram (@NHomeBakes)

Thursday, 25 November 2010

This is a post written at the airport about a few weeks ago... Will update soon with the current entry :)

*********************************************************************************************



Only a handful of people knew about this working trip that I'm currently on. A small handful. Reason being, it's not quite as straightforward as being asked to represent my department, as well as representing the company (obviously alongside some people from other departments).. It's more because of the fact that I can be considered as still a junior, and my department doesn't come across such opportunities very often..

Quite rare, in fact.

But as long as my boss think it fit that she sends me, who am I to complain? Well, obviously I come with enormous pressure. I have to prove why I deserve to be on such trip. Why not send someone more senior? Yeah, no matter how justified you and your boss thinks about something, there will always be SOMEONE ELSE questioning you. So apart from doing a jolly good job in the meeting, I also have to 'save face'.. Ughhh..

But that worry aside, I'm thankful nevertheless to be given the chance.

And now that I'm here, I'm feeling somewhat nostalgic. Padahal we're stuck in the airport for 6 hours because we have to take a connecting flight to Geneva.. But the shops in the airport.. The people.. Ahhhhh, why am I not living here already??

As a 'lactating mother', my journey experience so far have been quite an adventure. From pumping sessions throughout the flight, knocking self in the head for underestimating the number of bottles I needed for the plane ride (should've brought 6 instead of 4!), to tasting my own EBM..

"TASTING my whatttttt?????"

Yes, you read that right.. I had to taste my own EBM this moring. Ok, kan we had to take a connecting flight to Geneva, so when we landed in Heathrow, we had to take a shuttle bus to terminal 5 and check-in for the next flight. Lo and behold, we had to go through security checks again! Thank god I came prepared with the supporting letter from a lactation consultant (whom I fortunately manage to contact just before my journey). Just before they could ask anything about the thing that caused the scanner to go 'BEEP BEEP!!', I handed them the letter and they terus senyap ok! Haha.. But they had to verify with their superior... So after a minute or two waiting for the lady to see her manager, she came back, looked at me and said..

"yeah, these are fine.. But I'm afraid you're going to have to taste them"

I was like WHATTTTTT?? Haha but because it's only a drop each from 2 bottles out of 4, and plus sayangla if they throw when I don't comply.. So I asked for a cup (so as not to contaminate the milk by drinking it straight from the bottle), poured a drop, and GULP!

Honestly, the weirdest experience ever! I have tasted my own milk before..curious la mase awal2 dulu kan.. But to do it when everyone's watching you? (who clearly KNEW they were MY milk).. Now THAT, was awkward :P

But my determination to preserve EBM for my boy helped me hold my head up high and buat taktau je at the weird stares I got. Hello! Suke hati la kan! :P

And because of my dumbness in not bringing enough bottles with me on hand, I had to hand express my milk at the airport, down the toilet!!!! Rase mcm nak nangis je tgk.. But oh well, padan muka?

Ok, time's up.. Next stop, GENEVA!! ;)




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comments:

Dina said...

hahahaha
awkwarddd
but bravo to you!

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Him and I

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Darling Son

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Darling Daughter

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Total Pageviews