Instagram (@NHomeBakes)

Thursday, 9 June 2011

Ohana means family

(Ok, since I managed to do 2 work as per my previous post, I think I deserve to stay on this page a little while longer.. hehe)

So anyway..

Ohana means family. Yes. This has been a mantra circulated amongst my cousins for some time. I have never vocally joined them, only nodding from afar. But last weekend, I wanted to scream it out loud.

I was touched, after receiving a phone call from my cousin, asking me to do him a huge honor, to represent his family at his tunang. That, is such a huge honor, considering the fact that 1) There are other older family members around e.g aunties/older cousins etc 2) Siapalah aku? 3) Hello??? Siapalah aku??

I guess we do share a much deeper connection.. connection through having such an "interesting" family life.. it's just a bond that you can't explain. Whatever that you've been through, be it alone or with someone dear with you.. at the end of the day, you're connected through a 'fellowship' of some sort.. Like you know what it feels like.. you've been there..

I know this is all rather blurry and a convoluted way of saying what I actually wanted to say. But all I'm trying to say is.. no matter what.. no matter how sucky life gets, family is always the rock the holds you together.

I'm partly saddened by the fact that I didn't get to do much whilst he and his sisters were going through such troubling times.. only managed to put in a few words of encouragement. Hardly enough. I wish I could've done more. No matter, I will try my best to represent his mom to the best of my abilities. Nak sarung cincin kat jari tunang ok!!!

:) Ohana..

1 comments:

Farah Haida said...

wahhhh... good luck!!! ^_^

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Him and I

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Darling Son

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Darling Daughter

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Total Pageviews