This time round also, I had a tad bit too much fun eating! I think I gained 5kgs from all this, no joke. Managed to follow the dad to his kebun in papar. Seeing my son chase, and being chased by ducks is amazing. Alas, a much needed break from the city. Showing him how mummy used to grow up, with the sounds of village animals (mostly ayam berkokok la).. Fishing.. Sitting on the bridge made of wood.. It felt surreal and exciting! Posted most pics on instagram though. Was too busy making sure the boy doesn't trip to be holding two gadgets.
This morning I managed to tag along dad and my stepmom to the market. It was kinda sweet seeing them together. I guess God has bigger plans for us. There's always hikmah behind everything. Growing up, I never really appreciated the reasons why the parents got divorced etc. Well, I knew.. But I didn't fully appreciate why. Now I do. Some people are just not meant to be together, some people are. It's just life. Ah, I digress. Ok,before I ramble on.. I think I should just continue with pictures. My GF1 have not seen the light of day in ages! Good to be out!

(getting ready for kebun day out)

(ah, the clean air and greenery)

(daddy picking out the best 'tarap', a fruit I've only found in Sabah. Probably on this side of Malaysia je kot, not sure. The smell is strong, but not as foul as durian. The taste? OMG! The best!)


The skin is lembut like, you don't need a knife to cut through. Just peel! I finished almost the entire fruit! Definitely tarap overload. Well, it's not that often I get to eat tarap anyway.


Telupis? I'm not really sure what it's called. All I remember is being obsessed with it growing up. I'm the one who always sibuk when the dad goes to pasar.. Apparently I am the only one amongst my siblings who appreciate 'daun-pisang-wrapped' delicacies. This, and a few others inti banana and what not are now safe in my expanding tummy.
I really hoped the boy had fun. Well, seeing as he has been asleep since 8pm, I think I can safely say someone has been having too much fun!

To think that for dinner, we had ayam kampung that my son actually CHASED the day before is just, surreal! Haha really, I'm so glad he has the chance to enjoy a little bit of my 'kampung side'. Ni dia belum tgk his mom panjat pokok! Jangan kau! Hahaha..
Oh, we've decided to spend the last night here at a hotel. You know, just to get a little 'holiday' feel, and of course.. The super comfy bed. We all need a bit of pampering after working hard picking fruits and vegetables innit?
Xx
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad



1 comments:
You have a lovely blog. We run a holiday home business so if you or anyone you know are ever interested, do check our website at www.seasoncity.weebly.com and call us if you need our service.
Post a Comment