People, are just meant to communicate. Whether it'd be communication with themselves, God, nature, or others around them. Communication can take several forms.
The one thing that takes excitement away from communication often, is misunderstanding. Misunderstanding is just like a shadow, just bound to show up. There's no escape from it. There's just almost always misunderstanding.
But it is the way we deal with it, that differentiates us.
Some will choose to deal, confront, and lay all in front. Whilst some prefer the more laid back approach, just let it slide, cool down and just past you by. People don't often take the former approach. They much prefer silence. But accumulated silence will sometimes lead to arguments, confrontation at its worst.
But sometimes you can't blame those who confront. I do it sometimes. It takes away the pressure. It takes away the awkwardness. Misunderstanding doesn't always need to end in arguments, it might actually be something really small, negligible really.
So where to draw the line? When to confront and when to lay low?
I'm still trying to solve this mystery. Often I beat myself up (not literally duh!) after saying things that I knew I shouldn't. Thought to myself, urghh! Should've kept quiet!
But then again, why have that thoughts which lead to the misunderstanding in the first place? If there is just a way to not think too much about it earlier, the world would be such a happy place. No need for confrontation, as things will not then be so sensitive.
Now that, is a skill I am STILL trying to master...
Instagram (@NHomeBakes)
Friday, 20 February 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment