Instagram (@NHomeBakes)

Saturday, 11 April 2009

Faith and self-limitation

"Why do we have faith? Why do we even need faith?"

These are just some of the questions that have always been lingering around for centuries. Although they may not be such issues discussed openly these days (people are now more interested in news of the economics, politics etc), but they are still.. one of the few questions posed by both believers and non-believers alike.

So why?

I may not be a scholar, nor a preacher. I may not even be very 'holy' (if there is such a word?).. I do what I have to do, I follow those principles which I believe in, try to reasonably stay away from those things forbidden (hey, I'm not perfect ok!).. But I do try..

But my point is, from my experiences thus far, faith is one of the most crucial traits to have. It may not be something you can buy from shops, but is definitely something that you can nurture, build and strengthen. For me, everything happens for a reason. I was taught that we are never tested with things beyond our level of comprehension (the level of which, is only known by Him).. Everything that we are tested on, are things to teach us lessons about life..

It is with faith, that we know our self-limitation. It is with faith, that we know how to have fun, and when to stop. It is with faith that we see that clear line (which was once grey), between right and wrong..

Personally, I have been given some tests (which may be considered minor as compared to others), which presents me with those instances where my faith are really tested.

Although most times I manage to succeed, I do sometimes fail.

But I always remind myself, that failures do not necessarily mean that it's the end. There's always a chance to regain ones self. Always a chance to redeem.. And above all, not all 'failures' that you see in other people are generic.

Generic in the sense that if a person does one kind of horrible (too extreme?) thing, then all his/her friends must do the same.. JUST because him/her is somehow connected to that wrongdoer...

WHY?? It's not ALWAYS the case.. hence my theory.. faith gives you knowledge.. knowledge on your self-limitation.. If you don't know the extent of ones faith, don't judge his/her self-limitation.. He/she might actually turn out to be a MUCH better person than you are..

So think..

0 comments:

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Him and I

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Darling Son

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Darling Daughter

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Total Pageviews