Instagram (@NHomeBakes)

Thursday, 15 October 2009

Reality check?



People often say, when you are pregnant.. you get the 'license' to become hugeeeeeeeee... it's deemed as an acceptable and normal part of pregnancy..

But what do these pregnant women really feel??

Speaking for myself.. Sometimes I feel like a potato.. Don't get me wrong.. I'm all with the 'as long as the baby is healthy' bla2.. but then again, you would want to FEEL happy throughout your pregnancy right???

So the added few inchessss... DOES.. AND WILL affect you, somehow.. You will feel excited about the baby and all.. but you can't escape that mini-vain'ness in yourself that screams HELPPP!! you don't look like angelina jolie when she's pregnant!!

right now, I have no problem at all with the shape of my body. I love it! Doing a pregnant 'dance' as I call it, whilst being naked in the room is fun! hahaha I guess it's because of all the exercise that I'm still doing these past few monthss..

But it's my face.. AND hair!!! My face is orginally round.. hence being pregnant inevitable makes it ROUNDER!!.. As much as I enjoy and anticipate the birth of my child (God Willing).. Whenever I look at the mirror to see my face... My spirit plummets to the ground again.. Oh dearrrr... Why so round one???? I look just like that cartoon moon face that speaks.. sheeshh.. And it doesn't help that my hair is at its disasterous stage right now.. the shape is just unflattering for my face.. I've read that you do not cut your hair SHORT when being pregnant, as it accentuates the roundness of the face.. So I'm growing it longer.. but why does it take so longgggggggggggg to growww????? :(

As ridiculous as these issues may be to you.. it is important for me.. Who would feel happy and dandy when you KNOW or THINK you look like crap!! who? who?? Again, disclaimer ok.. all this nonsense I'm talking is just about the shape of my face ok! nothing to do with the body :P

1 comments:

Sheila said...

Hi. I am very sure you look fine. Imagine a piece of white paper, then u put a black dot on it.. what do you see? The black dot? Why not u focus on the white paper rather than the one black dot on a paper.. in other words, why don't u focus on the fact that you haven't gained tonnes of weight on your body rather than the fact that your face is a bit round. It should help u stay happy during your pregnancy! Have a safe delivery.

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Him and I

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Darling Son

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Darling Daughter

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Total Pageviews