Instagram (@NHomeBakes)

Wednesday, 13 January 2010

1 month already?


How fast time flies? The next thing I know he'll be off to uni!! Sigh, no wonder parents seem to want their children to just 'freeze' in their time.. THEY JUST GROW UP TOO FAST!

As everyday passes, my mind keeps on telling me "you're going back to work soon!" Sigh, how will I b able to leave my 'bird' behind?
*I call him bird by the way he searches for food.. mcm burung belatuk!!*
Leaving him to go to the mall for a few hours is one thing.. but for the whole day? Adoihhhh...

Not only will I miss him, but i'll surely be worried about him.. normal la kan..

But first things first.. I need to find out about the logistics on leaving him with EBM.. On one or two occasions, we did try to leave him at home with either the maid or my MIL.. On both times it seems like he's been drinking loads and loads of EBM.. So I'm not really sure how much should I thaw for a day when I'm at work? If I thawed too much (thinking that he would b drinking them all) but not, then that will b EBM wasted coz I surely would want to direct feed him when I return from work in the evening.

Hence, I am now trying to understand from readings on the internet.. Somehow, all the advice seems quite vague.. So I am asking you, dear mothers (if any of you are actually reading this!).. What do you think?

Oh, FYI.. my EBM stocks are stored in various quantities.. some 3oz, some 2oz, some even 3.5 to 4oz... Well, that's like the first rule I learnt about storing EBM.. Was I right?

So there, another mystery to solve before the end of my maternity leave.

p/s: I've already bought the Medela freestyle! But it will only be delivered to my house today. Can't wait to try it on! Manual expression using Medela Harmony is just sooo tiring and takes a longggg time! Definitely a downer if I want to start expressing more nowadays before returning to work!

6 comments:

Pial Khadilla Abdullah said...

congrats on Medela Freestyle let us knw hw u get on wd it. wd e knowing hw many to thaw tuh, u gotta agak2 lah i think, like whn u Breastfeed him during the day how many times agak2? so katalah u go to work 9-5 he feeds every 2 hours, so dats about 5-6 feeds, so ure looking to thaw about that many bags, bt also tgk timing u blk kerja cuz u wanna feed him directly, so dekat time u nk blk jgn feed unless he goes crazy, bt thawing doesnt take dt long pun n its best to thaw just before use cuz u can rendam e bag in lukewarm water

joejane said...

I used to face the same problem. My mom looks after my son when we go to work. So, we sort of like created a routine for him. Pagi, bfore going to work, i'll feed him and put him to sleep. when he gets up, my mom will feed him 1 bottle (3.5-4.5onz) of EBM. 1 bottle in the afternoon, another bottle say at 3pm and i'll be home by 5pm. so in a day, 4 bottles. But he was always hungry despite being fed 3 bottles of 3.5-4.5 onz of milk. So my mother now, she would thaw say 2 bottles first, combine it to make it to 8-10 onz and feed him until he refuses it. Now, he drinks 7 onz of EBM in the morning, and just 2.5 onz or 3 in the afternoon. So, i think u should want to feed him until he refuses it. the leftovers, my mom would keep it in the fridge and use it for the next feed. paling lama, 3 hours. its okay. as long as its not in the fridge for more than 24 hours. buang je la pastu.

I still make an effort to go home at lunch time to feed my son. Now, dia dah makan solid, but his milk intake xde kurang mana pun.

n@trin@ said...

Thanx for the advice Pial and Joejane! Will definitely keep them in mind. I guess I should start establishing a routine then.. Humm, kinda hard at the moment considering that Aaron's feeding and sleeping patterns aren't really recognizable yet.. it varies from day to day! Probably through time it'll be more obvious..

awanis said...

Congrats Natte!!!! Aaron looks like mommy!!!!

My daughter was on EBM exclusively (direct for only 4 days because d lil girl bites and I can't stand pain and my nips was already bleeding huhu) anyway when I started work, I gave the baby sitter 6 bottles with 4 ozs of milk each(preferable not frozen, thawed first because babysitter will have to rush if ur baby is already hungry as soon as he gets there). Sometimes I send 7 bottles just in case balik lambat. But its easier to store the milk just enough for per feed so that the milk won't get spoiled and who ever is taking care of the baby tak pyh pening2 kpl.

n@trin@ said...

Thanx awanis! Will keep that in mind.. you're one tough mummy! Salute for still giving EBM despite your challenges. I hope I would manage to exclusively give Aaron my milk for as long as I can.. :)

Mummy H. said...

oh ur baby sangat comel :)

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Him and I

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Darling Son

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Darling Daughter

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Total Pageviews