Okay, as I've said in my previous post.. breastfeeding so far has been good. Definitely, nothing beats direct feeding :) I feel special everytime he feels comforted by my very presence when he's hungry :P
However, since I obviously am going to return to work real soon (Eeeiii, stupid laws.. why cant we have 6 months maternity leave like in the UK? That would've been GREAT!) I have to start pumping to build up some stash for when I return to work.. So far that has not really been a complete success for various reasons:
1) My stash somehow keeps on being used as soon as I build them.. Sigh.. *Why? Coz we're trying to train him to take the bottle once in a while so that he'll be ok for when I'm gone..*
2) I can't really fit in pumping time in between feeding sessions coz there's just stuff to do.. so I sometimes pump on one breast whilst feeding him on the other...
3) My pump is such a hassle, coz I have to hold it the whole time.. so I can't really do anything but sit in front of the telly whilst pumping..
4) That immobility isnt doing much for my patience is it? How can I pump stress free when I am sitting there pumping, all the while thinking "oh i need to take a shower before he wakes up.. I need to sleep before he wakes up.. etc2".. Stress and pumping aren't really good friendsss... hence, slow output whilst pumping..
THEREFORE, I decided that I might need to splurge on the Medela fre3style, a double pump which offers much mobility... It can really help if I want to pump one side whilst feeding, AND also concentrate on Aaron INSTEAD on focusing on the pump.. Plus.. I can also pump after feeding him whilst also burping him.. or changing him.. or whatever it is that I needed to do..
Yes, now I understand how mothers (or women) instinctively develop superhuman capabilities (or DESIRE?) to multitask.. it just takes the edge off!!
I also note from readings on the internet, that double pumping actually reduces the time spent pumping.. coz normally I spend about AT LEAST 40 mins pumping, coz I need to pump both sides, massaging at the same timee... mmg la lame!! So double pumping would actually reduce that pumping time to half!
Hummm.. tulaaaaaaaa.. when I was pregnant, I didnt really think that I would need such luxury. At first I thought "Nah, I think I would definitely survive on a single pump.. how hard can it be?"
PADAN MUKE..
the price? Confirm laa expensiveeeeee... Sheeshh..
Sigh... And me being me, I am really2 IMPATIENT when it comes to retail purchases. Yes, I am like a saint when it comes to patience relating to human interactions.. But with purchases? I would prefer to have it there and then..
Susah laaaa like that.. Nak kene survey online shops.. which one can deliver the fastest.. Haha you must be thinking "the time spent 'surveying' could've been the same time used on waiting for it to arrive"..
tulahh, bengong...
And why am I still writing this post? I have no idea..
must... stop... NOW...!!
Bye!!!
Instagram (@NHomeBakes)
Monday, 11 January 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
natte, i have the medela freestyle pump n its e best pump i bought!bcz it was light senang nak store so when i was running around london for my cfa classes, it worked wonders loved it but to be honest with u, ive never really used both pumps at one go, because u know hw u pump one side while massaging yr breast well when uve got both pumps on, ull prolly wanna do dat as well to get max milk out, but its difficult to massage when both are on.also e grip aint dat strong, n ull feel like u nd to push it harder, well there goes yr hands, which defeats e purpose. n u need a special type of bra for when u cn hook the wires or wateva on to be hands free. pastu stress cuz rase mcm e milk x cukup, u aim for 4oz n u only get 3oz or less. still stress i tell u. Regardless, try it yourself, tell me wt u think. Hope u find better luck in dual pumping than I did.
hi pial! thnx for dropping by. Hummm really???? tulaa i thought double easier sbb slal when i pump/feed one side, the other mcm leaking pipe so mcm sayang klau biar dier leak w/out collecting :P but grip tu penting gk.. if the grip is x strong like u said, mcm x gne also right?
sighh decisionss2... now that ive found a seller who keeps stock nearby (ampang area), sngla klau nk beli...
hummm
hi nat.. congrats on your newborn! :-) eventho ur EDD was after mine, u yg ke delivery room dulu! hehe.. nway, ive started using medela freestyle for this baby.. last time medela PISA.. and i love it so much! sgt portable.. :-) gutlak in making decision.. i bought it off the net.. price was ok. cheaper than others..
enjoy the remaining days of mat leave!!!
Hi K Lini! Hehe, yeah.. one of my first thoughts when I went into labor was that I went in earlier than you! Sabar je laaa :P I am seriously considering Medela Freestyle.. But the price where I am buying it from xdela cheap sgt.. still about RM2000++.. is that ok? I hope it will work wonders for me! Skrang ni pon tgh build up stock utk masuk keje.. Sekejap sgt maternity leave ni! Sheeshh!!
hehe thanx for dropping by!
Post a Comment