Happy fasting all! Especially to my lovelies in London, Shaaaa, deens and azz :) I hope all of you will manage to go through the 21 hours of fasting, insyaAllah. Much respect ok! Setakat a few hours kat KL ni pun satu hal, I can't imagine being in London right now. But I'm sure all of you will be fine :)
Speaking of which, I need to admit. I haven't really been a good muslim on welcoming ramadhan. Instead of embracing it as I should, I worried. Mainly because of the fact that I'm still fully breastfeeding. I am grateful to still be capable to fully breastfeed Aaron. But I remember reading somewhere a while back that I will get extra thirsty because basically nutrients are flowing out of me (as I pump), with nothing to replace them with.
Hummmm, part of me tells me that it's all in the mind. If I THINK that I would be hungry AND thirsty the whole day, then I WILL be..
So instead, I shall try to think of it as my gift to my son. Putting Aaron at the forefront of my mind somehow eases my fears, it makes me more determined. I even overcame my (unfortunate) dislike for Dates and ate one during sahur this morning. I heard it's good when you're fasting.
This is a big thing for me because for years I have been trying to eat Dates but with no success. I just couldn't swallow!!
InsyaAllah with guidance and help from Him, I'll be able to fully experience Ramadhan this year. Amin!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
Instagram (@NHomeBakes)
Wednesday, 11 August 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
Drink soya during imsak and iftar. I noticed that it really helped with the quantity and quality of the milk. On days when I don't drink them the milk looks cair a bit. The colour not as thick.
Post a Comment