Last week, I've been told that Aaron is refusing to eat! He'll spit out anything u put in his mouth. And boy we were worried of course! It lasted through the weekend! He'll take 1 or 2 spoons. And on the third..
*makes face and spits out.. There are even times where he would put his hand into his mouth and literally KOREK the food out! He'll turn his head away whenever we wanted to put a spoon in his mouth!
OMG!!!
But he drinks milk still, and he poops well, so I was not THAT worried.. we also try to sneak in some fruits etc and his biscuits, so he doesn't go without at all.
Then I looked up on the internet for some solutions.. It turns out that there are babies out there about the same age as Aaron, who are going through a kind of phase..
'wanting to be independent' kind of phase.. They suggested giving him a chance to eat by himself, not puree his food too much, give him varieties etc.. We did give him varieties.. mix and match different veges with rice/potatoes.. But during the weekend haritu, he would only eat the food that I was eating i.e I'd feed him some rice from my plate (lembikkan a bit with my hands of course).. It seems that he's only interested in grown-up looking foods!
Then yesterday I experimented.. I ripped up a slice of bread into little pieces in his bowl (which could be attached to his high chair) and also put in some small veges (peas, corn and carrots)..
HE ATE BY HIMSELF! happily I might add! It was so surreal to watch! :) Of course I initiated it by putting pieces of bread into his mouth, but after a few times he doesn't want to be suap'ed.. he pushed my hands away and started picking up food from the bowl and into his mouth!! Didn't manage to get a photo as my phone & camera was wayyyyyyyyy downstairs.. Such a big boy eh u!! And when he felt like he couldn't swallow some bits (he tends to put in too much before swallowing), he'd just korek his mouth himself, spit it out and move on to the next item in the bowl.
So yeah, I just hope that he can move on to spoons very soon as he would still need to eat proper food a.k.a rice or potatoes with veges and chicken etc! I think today can teach him that kot :P
Instagram (@NHomeBakes)
Wednesday, 13 October 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment