I do have people telling me, no.. asking me, why do I bother working out so hard. Apart from health and 'feel good' reasons..
I don't blame them. People see what is presented to them. I understand. But there are parts which people DON'T see, and I hide them well. BS? No, reality. After years of practice, I have mastered the art of illusion. Haha, I make it sound like I can do magic.
No, I can't. But what I can do, is to constantly motivate and remind myself how I came to be. Ho yeah, there's a story to it. As always.
So here goes. How many of you (women), have been called preggers when you're clearly NOT..
AT LEAST THREE (3) TIMES IN YOUR LIFE! (Even including times before I was married.. when I was a mere age of 15?)
Yes.. I kid you not. Imagine going about ur happy day and to suddenly have a senior come up to you and ask.. are you preggers? Yeah, question of the year innit? And proceeds to stroke (yes, STROKE) your tummy.. clearly indicating to me that 'girl, you gotta watch the size of that'.
(Erm.. 33 weeks when this was taken)
Blow No. 1... and the one which changed my life. From then on, I've always been seen to do 'rounds' around school, jogging.. after Asar prayers, if not everyday. This practice continued until college days. I'd just have my music, and run. When I get sad, I run. Distracted, run. Happy, run. As I was involved in the Band during highschool years, I didn't do much sports apart from the sports days events. It wasn't until A'levels that I truly embraced the sport loving me. I learned to kick a ball, play volley, basketball, etc.
Then I got married. I gained 10kgs in my first year of marriage. Bah, wake up call! So yeah, I lost it in 3 months time during summer break, and vowed to never fall into that again. I worked at it. All types of work out. Whilst the husband plays games/studies/watch tv, I work out. He never really got into the whole thing.. Even when I was preggers, I worked out. After? Lagilah..
Still, a few times after that I received the same remark.. by random people. 3 months back, a friend's mom came up to me happily and asked "Are you expecting?"..
Tragic. But anyway, it was not only a few years ago (not too long ok, maybe 2 years?) that upon countless persuasion and trying to show him why I do what I do.. he got onto the bandwagon.
And it changed our lives.
Having one person obsessed with fitness in a household, ok.. Having both? Awesome! Result? Constant appreciation for everything fitness and we 'check' on each other. Although I admittedly ALWAYS fail when it comes to food. How can I resist?
Then I realized, I MAY have unleashed something more. As of now, he is more advanced than me. I didn't bother reading up articles for specific muscles and what not. I didn't bother getting heavy weights and such.
And now we have a gym at home. And I am ecstatic. It's almost complete, but not there yet. We have yet to 'pad' the entire floor. We started long ago since we bought the place.. with small pieces and what not. So yeah, gym ain't cheap. We're taking our time. As of now, somebody is happy..
Waking up at 4.30am to use the Elliptical machine.
I was still sleeping..
xx
Instagram (@NHomeBakes)
Wednesday, 24 July 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





0 comments:
Post a Comment