So my weekend was spent....
RESTING and baking!
Well, the baking on Saturday was because, of all the people close to me, my MOM is probably the only person who has not tasted anything that I've baked, EVER! Timing issues, geographical issues.. everything lah! So kesian. Especially since she's been buying me all sorts of baking tools from all over the world. My biggest supporter... EVEN when she has never tasted anything I made! Alhamdulillah..
So yeah, she's been wanting red velvet for some time. The last time I went to eat dinner at her house, I didn't really have time to bake. So I bought a red velvet cake. Felt like I'm cheating on her. But this time around, I decided that this Saturday's sungkai (i.e buka puasa), she will have red velvet!
This is my 2nd time using the new recipe which I love. Got it from here. Alhamdulillah.. despite a slight burnt top (really need an oven thermometer... WHICH I DID buy this afternoon!!) it turned out ok. As for the cream cheese topping.. I used the recipe from the hummingbird recipe book. This time round, I toned down on the powdered sugar, although I think I need to reduce more next time.
For sungkai today, I decided to try the gooey flourless marshmallow choc chip cookie from here. It only took minutes! And it was so sinful... I ate 4. Now menyesal. Ugh! But worth the fat on my thighs la! I think I need to get another cookie sheet. I only have one good one. Hence, attempt to 'squeeze' em' cookies together didn't quite work out. Would like to space em' out more next time. The 2nd batch I used another baking pan I normally use for savoury food.. All of the cookies were squashed together! Pfftt.. But I think these are better enjoyed warm, and DEFINITELY with milk!
Ok, now to do some work. The boy is fast asleep (9.15pm). He didn't sleep the whole day, so no surprise there! Have a good puasa tomorrow!
xx













0 comments:
Post a Comment