I think it has come to a point that I feel the need to TELL people what brilliant thing my son said/did yesterday, last night, last week.. Up to a point that I have to actively tell myself, 'Stop it!'..
But what happened last night just melted my heart.. it got both husband and I to just sit there silently admiring the amazing things that this little almost 5 year old tries to teach us.
Yesterday it was the salah. One of the reasons why I like sending him to his current kindie is because of the islamic 'element' embedded in the educational programme. Well, it is an islamic school after all! It's not that I'm LAZY to do it myself, but we figured that some things will 'stick' to him better when he sees his friends do it. Alhamdulillah even before joining this current kindie, he would SOMETIMES follow the husband praying.. mumbling whatever he thought should be mumbled. But it's not often. And most of the time, halfway through he'll just stop and run away.
Now he has been increasingly 'semangat' to join in salah times. Yesterday, was probably the ultimate proud moment for both of us. After Isya', he actually tried to teach us each and every step of the salah.. albeit imperfect but it was enough to make us proud! Being the cheeky boy, he just had to insert stories of how when he prayed with his friends, and one of them would ruku' earlier than the rest and went all 'eh alamak' .. and then everyone else would giggle along.. I have an image in my head of 3-6 year olds in a row performing the salah, in their own and special unique way.
God bless
xx
p/s: Yesterday he made me promise to pick him up from school. We practically negotiated for a good 5 minutes before he agreed to get out of the car to enter the school. Now I'm not sure having parents as lawyers would be a good idea!
Instagram (@NHomeBakes)
Friday, 21 February 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment