Instagram (@NHomeBakes)

Sunday, 24 August 2014

, ,

Cream cheese

I think I have yet to solve the mystery of having perfect cream cheese icing. Each batch of cupcakes to be topped with cream cheese icing NEVER fails to maks me nervous until it's done and I see stiff piping on em' cupcakes.

Have been reading a number of tips and tricks from my baking sifu, the internet.. Decided to try out a new method for a batch meant as a 'buah tangan' at the husband's relative's majlis the other day..

Ugh, slightly runny! 

But the fondant butterfly definitely made me much happier. I have always been afraid of fondant but it turns out not too bad at all. Well, I used pre-colored fondant anyway. The last time I tried my hands at fondant, I was wayyyyy too ambitious and made the fondant from scratch.. Took me almost an entire day. With a barely 2 months old newborn and a toddler around me, time is just not something easy to come by. It's always bake, berhenti, bake berhenti bake berhenti.. But somehow it makes me happy, so I do it anyway. 

So anyway, had leftover cream cheese icing and didn't want to waste them.. Decided to google what other ways to use cream cheese icing. Prefereably one not requiring stiffed piped icing that is!

Cinnamon rolls!!!! 

As usual, after I set my mind on baking a particular item, I would spend days browsing through youtube tutorials and different recipes.. Firstly it's to familiarize myself with the steps and also to check-out the easiest and effective recipes! Did I mention the timing problem? Haha so yeah, most recipes I end up using are at the 'easy' end of the spectrum and are somewhat hassle free. 

Weeee!! Loved how it turned out! Alhamdulillah ok la.. Not as mouth watering as cinnabon's, but acceptable by my standards ;) definitely can try again!

Xx

P/s: banging my head for not using my camera to snap those photos. Darn it! Pastu sibuk nak beli camera baru kan haha

0 comments:

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Him and I

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Darling Son

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Darling Daughter

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Total Pageviews