OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
I have come to realise that I don't know ANYTHING about pantang :( I asked the mothers from my department.. And they all came up with all sorts of do's and don'ts for the confinement period.. And I haven't got a clue... never heard!! Don't even know where to start...
I am entering panicky mode.. Haiyooooooooooooooooooooooooo.. There's an easier bet. My boss showed me this article from the newspaper about a spa, who does home visits throughout the whole confinement period. They will help you with EVERYTHING from your care, to that of your baby. Sounds very2 interesting.. As I am not placing high hopes of having my mom take care of me.. She's a workaholic, and does not do all these traditional stuff.. I also do not want to trouble my mother in law, as I've heard that the confinement process is very tedious..
So yeah, the so called 'all in one' services sounds interesting, but obviously it comes with a price. Sheessshhh..
To do all of this on my own.. I would have to know WHAT to buy, WHERE to buy.. and also HOW to use them.. Why is there no manual of some sort telling us what to do during the confinement period.. Having such knowledge merely passed down from one generation to the next is just not logical.. not everyone would have that luxury!!!
Haiyaaa... tak pasal2 mende ni is making me stressed out. I'm just so focused on the baby, that I completely ignored MYSELF. This is not a good start to my goal of becoming a 'yummy mummy'..
Yealarrr, even though I've read loads of stuff from books, these are books from the UK.. English books.. WHERE GOTTTTT TELL PEOPLE ABOUT CONFINEMENT, mandi lulur? apekahh??
Haihhhh...
Instagram (@NHomeBakes)
Friday, 23 October 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
hahahah.. natte dont get too worked out over something that is coming but not so soon. You can handle it my dearest yummy mummy :D..
I am sure by now uve got all ure resources kan? relax2, ada ke apa2 natrina majid cannot do? or overcome? no not really! she does everything RIGHT! jahaha ni tk pressure u tau, ni kasi u semangat!
Hi there.. i've just gave birth about 3 months ago. But i didnt 'berpantang' pun. My mother didnt believe in it. E.g. Xboleh makan sayur. nanti sejuk that kinda thing. But i tell you, after labour, u'll need as much roughage there is to help you with your bowel system. Sbb, pasti akan sembelit and haemorrhoid. and i tell you its painful. If you have stitches 'down there' u'll probably want to restrict seafood for the first two weeks.
But believe me, u'll need to eat enough proteins and carbs. Coz you'll be breastfeeding and you need all those for your own recovery. jadi, Pantang wisely. yes, in malaysia ada confinement lady. they cook, they massage, they do most of the things for you. Tapi you wouldnt want someone who tells you more donts than do's.
i didnt gain much weight when i was pregnant. plus breastfeeding helps me lose all those extra kgs and extra fat. Do what you think is right and good for your own body. :)
till then, all the best to you.
Sha.. not so soon? hahah trase mcm sgt soon kot skrang.. I feel so anxious tau lately, as if the baby's coming out anytime jek (even though mcm my EDD is in December).. I have no idea.. I kept on pestering yas to pasang the cot coz I'm just too worried that I'm going to pop out ANYTIME now.. Haiyooo.. gelabah tak heng :P
joejane.. thanx for the advice! I'll try to bear that in mind. Yeah, I think I wouldn't be going through the strict 'confinement' thingy.. I am a rebel by nature.. So having ppl telling what not to do might be frustrating, unless it's an advice coming from myself! But it's still probably just a matter of what NEEDS to be done that got me overly-worried.. I hope this is just one of those pregnancy hormones coming into play.. wouldnt want it to stress me out for these last few months!!
Natte'
You could check this out?
http://www.ujanailmu.com.my/pd_ensiklopedia_perbidanan_melayu.cfm
Tak tau lah how useful, but I think this was the only book that I could remember seeing about pantang2 nih
Post a Comment