So, do you have that one basic buttercream frosting that you use over and over and over again?
I never had one..
BUT I JUST FOUND ONE!
Apologies for the scrambled flow of writing. Can you tell how excited I am?
So I have been in search for THE ultimate buttercream basic recipe. One that I can adapt for many different flavors. Whipped with air-light texture, holds its shape for piping and taste oh-so-good. Drooling yet? Ohhh yes! It's from this salted caramel buttercream frosting I found here. I've slightly adapted it to suit my taste.
Believe you me. I've been browsing through the web for countless of weeks in search of THE recipe. I've tried looking at american, french, swiss, melayu (got la!) buttercream. I know that some people swear by swiss meringue buttercream, or SMBC for short. One even wrote 'how have I wasted 40 years of my life by not ever trying SMBC'... ok...
Errr... not a fan here. Why? Haha I kind of detest the buttery after-taste it leaves in your mouth. Plus, it involves an extra step of having to cook your egg whites.
Ahhhh.. again you know I'll use the 'you know I'm all about efficient and fast baking' philosophy here right?
So I've tried this recipe for my strawberry cream, salted caramel (in picture) and last night... CREAM CHEESE!! I'm in LOVEEEEE. Ok, to-date, I have always sticked to this one recipe which I LOVE from Hummingbird. After all, they made me fall in love with cream cheese frosting to begin with! But I find that it's somehow unreliable, for me at least. Some days I'll have perfectly whipped air-light goodness. Some days, runny and gooey mess. Other horrific days? Over the top sweet and bits of sugar in your mouth. The over the top sweetness usually happens when I double up the recipe to get more amounts for cakes etc.
Wooot! Can't wait to pipe this on my chocolate cake tomorrow night..
Chocolate Cream Cheese what????????? you just wait ;)
xx




0 comments:
Post a Comment